- This spray schedule is for normal weather conditions.
- In case of heavy rains within 12 hrs of spray, the spray is to be repeated within seven days.
- Do not use the same chemical, spray after spray.
- Chemical should be sprayed when there are chances of diseases.
- Do not mix Dodine with any other pesticides/chemicals.
- Do not mix any other pesticides/chemical/micro nutrient/growth regulator/hormone with the above recommended pesticides to avoid russeting and other disorders. In case there is necessity, these may be sprayed separately.
- The fallen leaves of Apple should be collected and decomposed in a compost pit or destroyed by burning.
Recommendations against hail damage:-
- Spray Boric Acid (200 gm) + Zinc Sulfate (500 gm) + quick lime (250 gm)+ Mancozeb (600 gm) in 200 L of water after 3-4 days of hail storm.
- The hail affected orchards be sprayed with urea(1 kg) + Carbendazim (100 gm) and Mancozeb (600 gm) in 200 L of water. After 10-12 days, a spray of micronutrients like Agromine, Multiplex or Microvit @ 400 to 600 gm. Per 200 L of water, is also recommended.
- Spray isecticides against blossom thrips only in case average population of thrips exceeds 15 per flower on the basis of sample size of at least 50 flowers.
- Do not spray Horticultural Mineral Oil during drought and high humid (foggy) conditions . Do not mix the oil with sulphur or sulphur based pesticides as it may cause phytotoxicity/ fruit injury.
- Horticultural Mineral Oil is to be sprayed, if average mite population is less than 2 per leaf based on randomly selected sample of 100 leaves collected from different plants. In case the mite population exceeds the above limit, spray the recommended acarcide/miticide.
- Avoid repitition of miticide for the control of phytophagous mites in subsequent sprays.